Although using natural detox will never hurt you the best way to avoid the need for prolonged detox is to avoid exposure to the various toxins found in our lives. Even if you are unaware of exposure a natural detox method can make you feel more alert and in tune with your body so you are aware of any unusual aches and pains and illnesses.
Many of the very toxic substances can be avoided with some care but others are in the water, soil and air as they occur naturally in our environment. These are the heavy metals and elements such as mercury, lead and arsenic.
Other toxic substances are introduced and manmade such as aluminium phosphates for fungicide control, pesticides, herbicides and plastic fumes and by-products from plastic that leach into food and drink.
Many of us can be accidentally exposed to toxins without even knowing it. It can be in the food we eat, water we drink and the air we breathe.
To avoid any accidental exposure we need to eliminate any risks we find around the home and at work. Most occupational risks have been eliminated or minimised by safe work practices and newer and more modern methods.
- Never, ever place any liquids in soda and soft drink bottles that look appealing to inquisitive children. This is the main cause of accidental poisoning around the home and farm.
- Keep all liquids and compounds locked away and out of reach of children and other people
- Read labels on all food stuffs to look for trace elements such as aluminium that may have been added during processing
- Read all cosmetic and soap labels and don’t purchase if it contains aluminium
- Replace all aluminium saucepans
- Remove all old paint that can contain lead
- Remove any household products that may contain lead
- Be careful when replacing fluorescent globes as they can contain mercury
How to detox
By using natural detox methods we can eliminate the toxins from our body that we have ingested or breathed in unwittingly in our daily lives.
- Eat garlic, onions, cabbage, egg yolk as they are sulphur rich and will help eliminate lead, aluminium, mercury and arsenic
- Take supplements of iron, manganese and calcium to avoid absorption
- Use natural detox methods such as celery and cilantro for mercury
- Use detox foot pads that use reflexology to eliminate toxins (buy them at https://bodypure.org/)